von Carmen Beck
We would like to give you some practical tips how to learn a language easily with your tandem partner!
- Use a tandem learning diary (learning objectives, content and progress)
- set objectives (reduce language barriers, talk fluently, build vocabulary, learn the culture, have fun ): be concrete and realistic!
- use various materials (newspapers, books, recipes, pictures, cultural event flyers and other flyers)
- Talk slowly (not loudly) and clearly
- Make simple, but correct phrases in your mother language
- If not requested by your partner: avoid correcting while talking, instead repeat the sentence in a natural way
- appreciative feedback and correction
- reflect at the end of your tandem session and make further arrangements
How it works - foundations for a successful learning for two:
- human understanding / sympathy
- common interests
- time availability
- punctuality / reliability
- consistency: f e once a week 30 minutes each!
- common aims
- initial support at the beginning of the experience
Lots of fun learning another language with someone you like!